Did you know that COVID-19 is unexpectedly threatening your eye health? As “everyday life quarantine” such as “social distancing” has increased, the time spent at home has inevitably increased as well. Then, what do people usually do at home?
|/Information Sources by Corea Image Communication Institute (February, 204 people, multi-replied)|
Except for reading, people were using smart devices. A long-term usage of smart devices may make your eyes dry or stiff and eventually become dim due to “Xerophthalmia(dry eye syndrome).” Prolonged COVID-19 has inevitably led to a large increase in the use of electronic devices due to the culture of avoiding direct contacts with others, so-called “untact culture.” Thus, many people have developed habits of worsening their eye health, which may be fatal to them in the future. So, let’s try to practice the following habits in order to keep your eye health! These are the five ways the Dongguk Post recommends to keep Donggukians’ eye health!
1. Drink 8-10 cups of water a day
2. Keep indoor temperatures between 18 and 24 degrees Celsius or maintain humidity between 40 and 70 percent with a humidifier to prevent the evaporation of tears. Also, when using a fan, avoid facing the fan!
3. Take ten minutes of rest and do light exercise every hour
4. Rest your eyes by blinking enough and looking far away so that the tear layer covering the cornea works well
5. Use the bluelight blocking function
For Samsung [setting]-[display]-[bluelight filter]
For Apple [setting] - [display & brightness]-[Night Shift]
Kwon Min-jeong email@example.com
<저작권자 © 동국포스트, 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지>